Information Collected and Transmitted
Certain personal information is provided to us when you contact us via our website contact form, via email, or submit a request via mobile app, which may include your email address, first and last names, phone number, and any other information, you may find relevant to be serviced by our team. We may keep your message and all information included in order to respond to your request. This information may be used to operate and maintain My Notes services and all respective functionality and features.
Your IBM Notes and Domino Data and My Notes Service Data
My Notes is designed to securely transmit data between IBM Notes (formerly known as Lotus Notes) client on your computer and your mobile device. When you install My Notes Desktop on your computer, you give My Notes permission to securely access information accessible by your IBM Notes ID for the purpose of such transmission, including information stored locally on your IBM Notes client and any accessible IBM Domino servers ("IBM Notes data").
Below is the overview of information collected, stored and transmitted by My Notes software.
- Your IBM Notes ID password is securely stored locally on your computer in order to access your IBM Notes data. It is not transmitted anywhere.
- My Notes Customer ID and password are securely stored locally on your computer in order to uniquely identify your computer with My Notes Cloud Service and protect your computer from connection with unauthorized devices. This data is securely transmitted through My Notes Cloud Service from your mobile device to Desktop when connecting to your computer for authorization purposes.
- Your IBM Notes data is securely transmitted to and from your mobile device either directly, when your mobile device is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network with your computer, or through My Notes Cloud Service, when your mobile device is connected over any other Internet connection. The data is strongly encrypted according to AES and is transmitted over SSL.
- Your IBM Notes data is never stored in My Notes Cloud Service.
- Some elements of your IBM Notes data, such as email messages, contacts or notebook entries may be stored by My Notes mobile application on a temporary basis in order to render the service, for example, for caching purposes.
My Notes sends push notifications to your mobile device when an update is available for the software, or when you have a new email message in your IBM Notes mail application. Such push notifications may be turned off in the device settings, but in this case you will not receive any notifications.
My Notes provides means to interface with your mobile device contacts, such as email addresses and names in order to add email recipients to your email messages. Depending on the platform, you may be prompted to grant permission for My Notes mobile app to access your contacts. This information will not be used for any purpose other than to render My Notes services.
We can collect testimonials from public sources to be used on our website. These testimonials may contain personally identifiable information. To request removal of your personal information, contact us at [email protected].
My Notes website and mobile applications include links to third party social network sites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter and others. These links may retrieve your IP address and set a cookie to enable the social media features to function properly. These features are hosted by a third party and your interactions are subject to privacy policies of respective third parties. Note, that we have no control over the privacy and terms of such third party social networks.
We may use the information we collect or receive to communicate with you directly. For example, we may send you emails with information about software updates, promotions or special offers. We may also track your interaction with links in these messages. We do this to improve our communications and our software. If you prefer to not receive such emails, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the unsubscribe links located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at [email protected].
We may also use information to send service-related emails, such as account verification, feature updates, technical notices. These communications are important and you cannot opt-out.
Geographical Location Information
Some information collected by My Notes, such as IP address of your device can be used by My Notes get approximate device’s location. This information can be used to render the service, for example, by finding the nearest My Notes Cloud Service to your device.
Some mobile device data elements, which you attach to your IBM Notes data in My Notes, such as pictures, may contain recorded geographical location information. If you prefer to have no such data transmitted with your IBM Notes data, please consult the documentation for your mobile device’s facilities, such as camera to disable geo-location information recording.
Analytics for Web and Mobile
We may use web and mobile analytics software to measure traffic and usage trends in order to help us better understand the how you use My Notes. The web tools collect information sent by your browser, including the pages you visit and other information which can help us improve our website. My Notes mobile applications may record information on their usage, such as how often you use the application, the events occurring in application, performance data, and similar. We use this information only to administer, improve, monitor and analyze the use of My Notes, and collect no personal identifiable information within such analytics data.
Your Information Modification or Removal
If your information changes, or if you wish to discontinue use of My Notes, you may modify or remove your information by visiting settings within the mobile application.
Sharing and Disclosure
We will never share, rent or sell your information to third parties outside Inexika without your consent, except as noted below:
- Information you share with others: My Notes lets you share information with others, for example, through emails. Remember that when you share information via email, the recipient or recipients are responsible for keeping it private and respecting whatever intellectual property you have in that information.
- Compliance with the Law: We may disclose your information if we believe it’s necessary in order to comply with the law, such as to comply with a subpoena, regulation or legal request, respond to a government request, to address fraud or security issues, to protect the safety of any person, or to protect our own rights or property.
- Anonymized Information: Should we need to share data about our usage with third parties (such as investors or partners), we will aggregate it and strip it of all personally identifiable information.
Security is extremely important to us. We use industry leading security practices to preserve the integrity of all your My Notes data. For example, when you transmit your IBM Notes Data, like as sending and receiving emails, Mailbox encrypts the transmission of that information according to advanced encryption standard (AES) and transmission is done over the secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee absolute security. My Notes is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party. If you have questions about this feel free to contact us at [email protected].
In the event that any information is compromised as a result of a breach of security under our control, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and notify those individuals affected.
My Notes is not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at [email protected].
Links to other Services and Sites
Last modified: February 14, 2014